Associate Director of Financial Aid Services
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid Services.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Assists in the supervision of financial aid personnel, including student workers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the Associate Director of Financial Aid Services is to assist the Director of Financial Aid Services in the administration of all activities relating to the institution’s financial aid programs, including day-to-day operations. The Department of Financial Aid Services prides itself on providing an extremely high level of customer service to all current and prospective students. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate students’ financial need, process, and award financial aid funds in compliance with federal and state regulations and in accordance with institutional policies and objectives.
- Assist the director in analyzing, monitoring, and interpreting industry developments in financial aid and establish systems to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and policy.
- Manage a diverse caseload, including graduate students, adult learners, transfers, international students, veterans/service members and their dependents.
Counsel students and their families about available financial aid programs, their responsibility in paying for a college education, financing options, and the value of a Moravian University education.
- Present financial aid information to current and prospective students and their families in large group, small group, and individual settings, both on and off campus.
- Deploy technology solutions to meet internal operating needs and the requirements of external entities. Assist in configuring and operating PowerFAIDS and other financial management systems to ensure maximum operational efficiency and effectiveness, including allied database integrations and electronic data exchange.
- Manage and reconcile federal grant and direct loan programs, including withdrawal processing and return of Title IV funds.
- Award endowed and restricted financial aid funds and comply with the intentions of sponsors and donors.
- Maintain all necessary files, records, and reports; and perform tests to reconcile aid programs and ensure compliance for each award period.
- Coordinate aid activity with student accounts and business offices.
- Stay current on financial aid policies and procedures, attend conferences and meetings of professional associations, and assist in training staff.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
A baccalaureate degree is required, master's degree preferred, with a minimum 5 years of progressive experience in financial aid. Experienced financial aid software user. The position requires the ability to work both independently and as a member of the financial aid and enrollment teams with a focus on meticulous customer service. Candidates must have a genuine enthusiasm for representing Moravian University to diverse populations of prospective and current students, their parents, secondary school counselors, and other constituencies. Requires strong leadership, supervisory, analytical, administrative, and organizational aptitude, as well as a good eye for detail, unquestioned ethical standards, and the ability to handle all interactions with integrity and a sense of humor. Additional requirements include excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility, and a strong grounding in financial aid rules and industry best practices. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work extended hours and occasional weekends based on department workload.
Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now". Please attach documents as a PDF file.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org