Associate Director of Financial Aid Services
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to and works under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid Services.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises financial aid personnel; including the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services, Financial Aid Advisors, and student workers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the Associate Director is to assist the Director in the successful administration of the Office of Financial Aid Services; including but not limited to overseeing the day-to-day office operations, all activities associated with the institution’s financial aid programs, and excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operation of the department and delivery of financial aid services with an emphasis on customer service.
- Train direct reports on policies, procedures, and processes, thereby ensuring departmental compliance with all applicable federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Attend professional development workshops and compliance training to stay abreast of changes in state and federal regulations.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid Services and Moravian University in a positive and professional manner by providing an extremely high level of customer service to all current and prospective students and their support systems, as well as fellow institutional faculty and staff members.
- Assist the Director in analyzing, monitoring, and interpreting industry developments in financial aid and authoring institutional policy and procedures.
- Facilitate the processing of Title IV federal student aid programs, institutional funds, and private alternative loans; including packaging, disbursement and reconciliation activities needed to ensure compliance.
- Establish and regularly perform quality control processes to ensure office compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and policy related to needs analysis, verification, packaging, and other related processes.
- Create and maintain internal and external office publications, including but not limited: a functional Policies & Procedures, Desk Reference, an operational calendar, the financial aid website, verification forms, and marketing materials.
- Manage a caseload of graduate students and adult learners.
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid evaluation and communication process.
- Assist in processing returns of Title IV funds (R2T4).
- Assist in the coordination of aid activity between the offices of Financial Aid Services, Student Accounts, and Business to ensure timely receipt of aid funds.
- Present general and Moravian-specific financial aid information to a diverse audience in large group, small group, individual, virtual, and in-person settings both on and off campus.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned by the Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: A baccalaureate degree is required, master's degree preferred, with a minimum 5 years of progressive experience in financial aid. Experienced financial aid software user. The position requires the ability to work both independently and as a member of the financial aid and enrollment teams with a focus on meticulous customer service. Candidates must have a genuine enthusiasm for representing Moravian University to diverse populations of prospective and current students, their parents, secondary school counselors, and other constituencies. Requires strong leadership, supervisory, analytical, administrative, and organizational aptitude, as well as a good eye for detail, unquestioned ethical standards, and the ability to handle all interactions with integrity and a sense of humor. Additional requirements include excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility, and a strong grounding in financial aid rules and industry best practices. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work extended hours and occasional weekends based on department workload.
Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now." Please attach documents as a PDF file.
To apply for this job please visit www.moravian.edu.