Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Executive Director of Financial Aid Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student employees
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services is to assist the Executive Director of Financial Aid Services in the administration of all activities relating to the institution’s financial aid programs and services. The Department of Financial Aid Services prides itself on providing an extremely high level of customer service to all current and prospective students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyze students’ financial need and award financial aid funds in compliance with federal and state regulations and in accordance with institutional policies and objectives
· Advise students and their families about available financial aid programs, their responsibility in paying for a college education, financing options, and the value of a Moravian College education.
· Manage a diverse caseload as assigned, including undergraduates, transfer students and adult learners.
· Present financial aid information to current and prospective students and their families in large group, small group, and individual settings, both on and off campus.
· Assist with financial aid systems operation and reporting functions, and help to ensure compliance for each award period.
· Assist with awarding, managing and reconciling financial aid programs.
· Maintain all necessary files, records and reports.
· Stay current on financial aid rules and procedures. Attend conferences and meetings of professional associations.
· Perform additional job related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Financial Aid Services and other supervisory staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: A baccalaureate degree is required with a minimum three (3) years of experience in financial aid or a related area. The position requires the ability to work both independently and as a member of the financial aid and enrollment teams with a focus on customer service to our students, prospective students and their families. Additional requirements include excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, detail-orientation and adept at problem solving skills, and a working knowledge of financial aid regulations and industry practices. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work extended hours and occasional weekends based on department workload.
TO APPLY: For a more detailed position description, visit moravian.edu/hr/employment/job-opportunities Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application available at the above location. Please attach documents as a PDF file. Visit moravian.edu/benefits to review benefits offered at Moravian College. ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Moravian College is the nation's sixth-oldest college located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania offering undergraduate and graduate degrees that blend liberal arts with professional programs. For more than 275 years, the Moravian College degree has been preparing students for reflective lives, fulfilling careers, and transformative leadership in a world of change. Moravian College is a member of The New American Colleges and Universities (NACU), a national consortium of selective, small to mid-size independent colleges and universities dedicated to the purposeful integration of liberal education, professional studies, and civic engagement. Visit moravian.edu to learn more about how the Moravian College focus on education for all prepares its students for life-long success. Moravian College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our community, recognizing that to provide a diverse learning environment is to prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The College community understands that it shares a responsibility for generating and preserving a learning environment where difference is valued, and inclusiveness and social justice are practiced. EOE STATEMENT: Moravian College is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply. EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.moravian.edu.