PT Financial Aid Assistant – LCCC Allentown – Donley Center
Assists in the presentation, explanation and administration of various federal, state, institutional, third-party student financial assistance programs. Work involves varied and complex duties subject to intense regulation and requires discretion, initiative, attention to detail and person to person counseling. This job entails heavy customer contact including but not limited to face to face contact, electronic contact or telephone contact. The Financial Aid Assistant is directly responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides general financial aid information to students and prospective applicants.
· Assists students and prospective applicants with completion of any and all application forms, verification forms, and other paperwork needed to secure and maintain funding.
· The ability to use administrative computing systems such as Ellucian Banner.
· Responsible for distributing, collecting and reviewing documentation for correctness and completion.
· Responsible for scanning student documents to the college’s computer system.
· Creating and attending special events related to financial aid information and completion of financial aid forms.
· Oversees special scholarship programs particularly those that are regional by distributing and collecting data for scholarship application purposes.
· Works with admission personnel in regard to new applicants to the college and financial aid and scholarship eligibility and application procedures.
· Undertakes specialized projects, duties and/or functions as assigned
· Develops and maintains an operations manual for this position.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Required: Education • High school degree or equivalent. Certifications • Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Cogent Clearance Fingerprinting) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: • One (1) or more years’ experience in financial aid or an office environment • Ability to operate a personal computer and other general office equipment essential. • The ability to work with frequent interruptions and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge. • Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge • Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred: • Associate degree in business, management, accounting or a related field is preferred. Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. LCCC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.lccc.edu.