Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid area is a fast-paced environment, as well as an office that is one of the “faces” of the institution. As such, the office should have a warm and welcoming environment. The financial aid counselor is a member of the Enrollment Management team and should be committed to serving students, dedicated to their success from admissions through graduation. They should also understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
About the position
Responsible for verifying and awarding financial aid in compliance with established guidelines. The employee also counsels’ students and families in matters of financial aid eligibility and disseminates financial aid information to families and other constituencies. Also manages all aspects of financial aid email communication, as well as document attachment and other electronic correspondence.
· Evaluate, verify, package, revise, and process financial aid in compliance with all Title IV, state and institutional guidelines.
· Greets, advises and counsels students, families, and others regarding financial aid questions and timelines in person, over the phone, and through email.
· Manages financial aid office email, fax, and document attachment; responding to correspondence in a timely manner.
· Assists with the data entry of all incoming documents, analyzing to ensure accuracy, and maintaining and executing processes used to generate correspondence utilizing Colleague Communication Management.
· Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of all aspects of verification, including federal requirements and tax return analysis.
· Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of all sources of student financial aid.
· Manages monthly logs to track office correspondence with students, parents, and others.
· Works with University Advancement on maintaining, updating, and processing Excel and SSRS reports utilized during the Holy Family Named Scholarship application review process.
· Assists the Director and Associate Directors in establishing clear and efficient time tables and procedures necessary for the office staff to ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations.
· Participates and facilitates financial aid presentations during Open Houses, orientations and other university related activities.
· Records minutes of financial aid staff meetings.
Holy Family University
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree preferred, with more than 1 year of experience required; or high school graduate with a minimum of 3 years of financial aid experience required. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Computer literacy required, with an intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel in a Windows environment, and client-server system (Colleague preferred). 2. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required, as are attention to detail, planning and multi-tasking skills and self-motivation. 3. Proven ability to work as a team player and demonstrate sensitivity to matters of confidentiality. 4. Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and procedures. 5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community Should remote work become necessary, the employee must be willing and able to perform all parts of this job description while working from home, on campus or a combination, and be proficient or willing to become proficient in the technology needed to work remotely. Employee must have the ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org