Director of Financial Aid – Systems and Business Processes
Directs the administration of student federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs. The Systems and Business Processes functional area serves as the primary liaison with ITS on matters related to the Financial Aid Module of Colleague.
1. Administers, monitors, and reconciles federal, state and institutional financial aid.
2. Evaluates student’s need; performs need analysis for eligibility.
3. Counsels students and families on the financial aid process.
4. Develops financial aid information for dissemination and presentation to current and prospective students, parents, faculty, staff, counselors and other financial aid professionals.
5. Completes federal, state and institutional reports.
6. Analyzes financial aid reports for accuracy, operating within budget constraints and proper reporting to various agencies.
7. Responds to federal, state and institutional audits; ensures accuracy of submitted data.
8. Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines to properly administer the financial aid program.
9. Assesses financial aid services; makes recommendations for change and improvement as needed.
10. Creates and updates financial aid procedures manual.
11. Processes applications and awards.
12. Supervises financial aid staff and student employees.
13. Attends campus, local and state financial aid meetings and workshops.
14. Ask. Listen. Solve.
15. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Community College of Allegheny County
Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in business management, accounting, higher education administration, counseling or related field and a minimum of five years’ experience. Strong communication, supervisory and leadership skills. Prior financial aid experience. Ability to balance regulations with addressing student needs. Ability to recommend, interpret, administer and update financial aid policies ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and contractual regulations. Solid understanding of institutional, state and federal financial aid policies and procedures. Ability to interact with students, parents and external constituents. Ability to coordinate workshops and programs related to financial aid both on and off campus. Ability to resolve and assist in resolution of problems and/or complaints, taking corrective action as appropriate. Skill in use of data, research and analysis to increase and improve operational efficiency. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to travel and be housed at any of the College’s campuses or centers and to serve as backfill at enrollment related events and serve as a representative of the College at public and private events.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit ccac.csod.com.