Applications for 2015-16 are no longer being accepted.
DEADLINE DATE: May 1, 2015
All students applying for the PASFAA Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements:
- Pennsylvania resident - If you are 18 years of age or older you must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least the 12 consecutive months before you file the FAFSA (excluding any time you are enrolled in a Pennsylvania postsecondary school, if you came into or remained in Pennsylvania for the purpose of attending a school or college). If you are under 18 years of age you must have a supporting parent or guardian who has been a Pennsylvania resident for at least the 12 consecutive months before you filed the FAFSA.
- Enrolled at least half-time, in a degree-seeking program in a post-secondary institution of higher education
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 from a post-secondary institution of higher education
- Scholarships are non-renewable, but students are welcome to reapply
- Preference will be given to applicants attending schools that are part of the PASFAA membership
- No more than one scholarship per year will be given to each of the following sectors: Business Trade & Technical, Nursing, Private Four Year, Public Two Year, PASSHE, State- Related and Graduate Schools.
- The PASFAA Scholarship is made possible by the association and generous donations from members, The minimum amount cannot fall below $500.
Selection Panel and Process:
- The panel consists of representatives from several sectors. A member of the scholarship panel will remove him/herself from the process when a student from their institution is being considered.
- Scholarship winners will be selected based on their academic achievement and the content of their written statements.
- Each member of the panel will individually rank each applicant's material.
May 1 Deadline for returning applications to Committee Chair
May 1 - 31 Review and selection of scholarship recipients
July 1 Send letters of congratulations to recipients
Fall Announcement and presentation of awards at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee
Post names of winners (and school) on the PASFAA Website
Distribution of Funds
- PASFAA will distribute checks at the Fall Conference, if the winner or school representative is present. If not, check will be mailed. Student must supply social security number for year-end tax information.
- The Financial Aid Office must verify that the student is enrolled and in good academic standing. This scholarship is designed to reduce debt – it is not to be used by the institution to replace or reduce grant or other scholarship funds
- If the student withdraws from the school prior to the scholarship funds being applied to their account, all scholarship money must be returned to the PASFAA Scholarship fund.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Application must be received by midnight of the deadline date to:
Brandi Darr, Director of Financial Aid and PASFAA Scholarship Chair