Director of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Director (FAD) is a full-time, staff position reporting directly to
the Vice President for Enrollment Management. The FAD is responsible for the
management and administration of student Financial Aid and its functions, including
needs analysis, verification, loan processing and satisfactory academic progress
monitoring, preparation of federal and state reports, maintenance of Federal fund
budgetary controls and regulatory compliance, and the delivery of funds and services
to students. The director maintains compliance with all federal, state and local
regulations governing student aid programs. The position performs duties in support
of the College’s mission, vision and strategic plan. This is a non-exempt, benefit-eligible position.
The Financial Aid Director’s responsibilities are as follows:
• Manages all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, and
scholarship packages; administers financial aid, scholarships and student
employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
• Develops student costs of attendance (individual student budgets) including
tuition, books, fees, room and board etc.
• Performs need analysis and develops individual student aid packages including
monitoring college work-study expenditures and students’ satisfactory academic
• Reconciles student receivable accounts with the bursar/business office and federal
and state disbursement records.
• Interprets and applies federal laws and regulations; college policies and
regulations; and state regulations relating to the delivery of student financial
assistance. Maintains membership in state, regional or national FA organizations
in order to stay abreast of compliance changes, updates, and best practices.
• Develops institutional financial aid policies and procedures in accordance with
applicable federal and state regulations to support college goals and objectives;
• Maintains college’s financial aid data and ensures timely and accurate submission
of required federal, state, local, and NCAA reports; calculates refunds/repayments
for students who withdraw from school.
• Develops and directs financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and
state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment objectives of the college.
• Handles student financial aid appeals and professional judgment cases.
• Supervises the Financial Aid Assistant Director and counsels prospective and
current students regarding financial aid.
• Provides leadership and guidance to recruitment and retention staff
• Serves on committees related to student recruitment and retention
• Perform job related duties as assigned.
Bryn Athyn College
A bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field is required. A Master’s is preferred. Applicant must have 3 years minimum experience in related field with a broad knowledge of federal/state financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements. He/she must have knowledge of higher education processes, needs analysis and data processing experience. A comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required. An understanding of current best practices and standards of financial aid and student billing in higher education is required. Applicant must possess exceptional interpersonal/customer-service skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. He/she must have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically, Excel is critical.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com